The Central Comprehensive Center (C3) at the University of Oklahoma is one of a national network of 22 federally funded centers. The C3 mission is to provide high quality/high impact technical assistance that helps build or expand the capacity of the state education agency (SEA), intermediary agencies, and other educational systems in Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri to implement, support, scale-up, and sustain reform efforts to improve teaching and learning.
C3 has several components designed to maximize responsiveness and ensure technical assistance (TA) is relevant, useful, and of high quality.
State Coordinating Councils (SCCs): C3's SCCs include members from each state education agency's (SEA's) leadership working with the Center to identify state priorities and tailor work to meet specific and changing needs. To maintain the flow of communication and plan TA services, each state's SCC meets regularly with C3 staff members, partners, and collaborators.
C3 Advisory Board: The C3 Advisory Board is composed of educational and community stakeholders from every state in C3's region. Members are appointed by each state's governor and commissioner/superintendent. The Advisory Board meets annually to provide feedback and guidance for TA services and regional work plan.
- Mr. Brad Neuenswander, Kansas State Department of Education, Deputy Commissioner
- Dr. Randy Watson, Kansas State Department of Education, Commissioner
- Ms Katy Anthes, Colorado Department of Education, Interim Commissioner
- Janae Ash, Pagosa Springs Middle School, Math Instructor
- Dr. Kathleen Boyle-Dalen, Kauffman Foundation, Vice President
- Dr. Dennis Carpenter, Hickman Mills C-1 School District, Superintendent
- Dr. Donald Claycomb, State Technical College, President, Retired
- Mrs. Robin Coffman, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Chief of Staff
- Ms Mona Coleman, Missouri School Boards' Association, President
- Dr. Blake Flanders, Kansas Board of Regents, President and CEO
- Mr. Richard Garcia, Colorado Parent Coalition, Executive Director
- Mr. John Gillispie, Missouri Research and Education Network, Executive Director
- Mr. Dan Jorgensen, Colorado Department of Education, Accountability Support Manager
- Mr. Ritchie Kracht, Clark County R-I School District, Superintendent of Schools
- Dr. Debbie Mercer, Kansas State University, Dean of the College of Education
- Ms Tamra Mitchell, Kansas State Department of Education, Assistant Director of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Title Services
- Ms Evy Valencia, Colorado Department of Education, Governor's Education Policy Advisor
- Dr. Margie Vandeven, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Commissioner
- Mr. Kenneth Willard, Kansas State Board of Education, Kansas State Board of Education Member
- Mr. David Wood, State of Missouri, House of Representatives - State Representative